- Mission of the AWG
The purpose of the working group is to promote theoretical and applied research in Efficiency and Productivity Analysis using Operations Research models. The working group will assist AFROS in its mission to promote Operations Research in Africa.
In industrial organizations and public services, performance measurement and improvement are constant challenges. Efficiency and Productivity Analysis (EPA) is one of the most important tools that allow researchers, policy analysts and decision-makers to tackle such challenges. EPA models based on Operations Research (OR) methodologies are among the most powerful instruments that are used in practice. The most common of them is Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). The objective of the working group is to leverage the established expertise of its members to develop a cluster of researchers and analysts skilled in OR based EPA and establish a knowledge mobilization network to assist decision-makers in African public, not-for-profit, non-governmental and private organizations.
The challenges faced by African countries, as they are thriving to improve their economic and social situations, are numerous. The EPA can significantly contribute to the development of solutions to these challenges by providing decisions-makers and managers with guidance stemming from theoretical and empirical analysis of relevant African data. The AWG will also contribute in capacity building in EPA.
The AWG aims to:
- Opportunity for a platform to reach potential researchers, analysts, and students.
- Opportunity to have a forum where ideas, projects, problems, and challenges can be shared and tackled in a collaborative manner.
- Opportunity to connect and interact with various organizations on problem-solving.
- The working group will have meetings for members to exchange ideas, experiences, and research results, and support each other in their research work.
- The working group will organize conferences, sessions in conferences, seminars, and webinars.
- The working group will recruit African members to join the group.
- Organization and Members
- Dr. Mohamed Dia, Full Professor of Operations Management and Quantitative Methods, Faculty of Management, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Canada (email@example.com)
- Dr. Pawoumodom Matthias Takouda, Associate Professor of Operations Management and Quantitative Methods, Faculty of Management, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Sabri Boubaker, Full Professor of Finance, EM Normandie Business School, Paris, France (email@example.com)
- Dr. Hadiza Moussa Saley, Director of Research and Development and Senior Lecturer of Mathematics and Finance, CESAG Business School, Dakar, Senegal.
- Dr. Bisso Saley, Full Professor, University Abdou Moumouni, Niamey, Niger
- Dr. Alassane Ouattara, Assistant Professor of Accounting and Finance, CESAG Business School, Dakar, Senegal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr. Oumarou HEBIE, Regional Impact Evaluation Officer, Regional Office for West and Central Africa – International Organization for Migration (IOM/UN Migration), Dakar, Senegal (email@example.com)
- Plan for the current Year
- Organize a session on EPA/DEA in the 50th ORSSA Conference in collaboration with AFROS in South Africa.
- Workshop on DEA and Launch of EPA-AWG at CESAG in mid-October 2021.
- Participation à la Recherche sur l’Inclusion Financière édition 2021 (Novembre 2021 at CESAG).
- Séminaire sur Renforcements des capacités et promotion de la recherche au CESAG (Début Décembre 2021).
- Participation à la 5ème édition des Journées Scientifiques du CAMES (6-9 décembre 2021).
- Organize webinars, seminars, and tutorials on EPA/DEA.
- Develop an outreach and communication plan to connect with potential members.
- Develop a mailing list/website, social media platform.
To join this AWG, please email to Mohamed Dia at firstname.lastname@example.org